Bootstrapping 101 is for existing and wannabe small business owners.
It also is for the experienced corporate person who is ready to make the plunge into starting his/her own business. It emphasizes proven, practical tips requiring little or no money and where and how to get free assistance. It shows entrepreneurs how to grow their business with less money than they thought they needed. It also steers them to free quality advice.
Topics covered include:
- Cash free ideas on barter, publicity, advertising, the internet, selling, outsourcing, networking, factors
- Acquiring and keeping customers
- Places to find free, quality help
- Maximizing profits through correct pricing
- Creating and understanding a cash flow statement
- Non-traditional ways to get money
- Key factors for entrepreneurial success
- Building trust
- Converting fixed costs to convertible ones
- Case study of a successful start-up
Recent Post from the Blog
January 5th, 2015
Right up front….I'm Selling. From all my visits to University Entrepreneurship classes, mentoring,readings and 16 start-ups, I'm aware of the knowledge gaps of many people going into their own business or trying to grow or sustain one. They are generally good at creating Business Plans, Power point presentations and theoretical's, all of which are important but not enough in my opinion. I find them weak on the unsexy tools that can be critical in determining success or failure…..such as Selling, Sales Reps,Factors, Testing, Variable costs, Barter, Incubators and many others, besides sources of Free help like SCORE, Mentors, SBDC, Relationships etc. These factors inspired me to write my pract[...]