Bootstrapping 101 is for existing and wannabe small business owners.
It also is for the experienced corporate person who is ready to make the plunge into starting his/her own business. It emphasizes proven, practical tips requiring little or no money and where and how to get free assistance. It shows entrepreneurs how to grow their business with less money than they thought they needed. It also steers them to free quality advice.
Topics covered include:
- Cash free ideas on barter, publicity, advertising, the internet, selling, outsourcing, networking, factors
- Acquiring and keeping customers
- Places to find free, quality help
- Maximizing profits through correct pricing
- Creating and understanding a cash flow statement
- Non-traditional ways to get money
- Key factors for entrepreneurial success
- Selling, Building trust, Testing
- Converting fixed costs to convertible ones
- Case study of a successful start-up
Know What You Don’t Know and Don’t Be Afraid to Admit it.
Recent Post from Bob’s Blog
March 10th, 2016
LEAVE YOUR COMFORT ZONE FOR BOLD REQUESTS I truly believe that people must periodically step outside of their comfort zone to grow as a company and a person. In fact, once you start to do it, you will discover that your comfort zone expands. Doing this will empower you to request bold things that may elicit comments from your peers and associates like “outrageous, overreach, impossible.” You can overcome these naysayers and your own inclination of fearing failure by your preparation for this bold request, which I like to call Just Ask. Acquiring intense knowledge of the person you are asking and their company, industry, and needs are what I mean by preparation. This knowledge will allow you to offer something of value to induce the grant[...]