Bootstrapping 101 is for existing and wannabe small business owners.
It also is for the experienced corporate person who is ready to make the plunge into starting his/her own business. It emphasizes proven, practical tips requiring little or no money and where and how to get free assistance. It shows entrepreneurs how to grow their business with less money than they thought they needed. It also steers them to free quality advice.
Topics covered include:
- Cash free ideas on barter, publicity, advertising, the internet, selling, outsourcing, networking, factors
- Acquiring and keeping customers
- Places to find free, quality help
- Maximizing profits through correct pricing
- Creating and understanding a cash flow statement
- Non-traditional ways to get money
- Key factors for entrepreneurial success
- Building trust
- Converting fixed costs to convertible ones
- Case study of a successful start-up
Recent Post from the Blog
November 27th, 2014
I wrote these 100 tips to encourage discussions in classrooms and offices on subjects that you wanted to talk about, learn more about, or slipped your mind. In the busy life of an Entrepreneur, some of the basics of running a successful business are forgotten. Also, if one of the issues on this list triggers an action needed in the present—good. (Note: Many tips have a word in bold; these link to an article in which I've expanded on the topic.) Here are my 100 tips in no order of priority. I’m sure you’ll think of more—I welcome additions and comments. 1) Have or renew a passion for your business. 2) Set an example from day one that shows you are a trustworthy company. 3) Know your business: product, industry, competition. Knowl[...]